embedded Linux : how to co-ordinate System.map with PC address

Hi, I have a linux kernel build and try to load it to a PowerPC development board. I use a JTAG debugger to download the kernal.

Linux boot hangs in middle, and in the JTAG debugger I can see that PC is 0x00001200, from my limited knowledge I should check out System.map to guess which driver function is the problem.

But this time it is weired, in System.map, there is no address around that 0x00001200 I can see, all function addresses are above 0xC0000000.

I wonder what is the problem. That knowledge worked for me before, is it accidently true?

I also run "objdump -S" against the kernel ELF file, it seems true that all addresses are above 0xc0000000.

Could you give me any suggestion?

Reply to
linq936