Embedded board

Hi!

I hope this is the right NG where to post my question.

We're looking for an embedded board with this features:

  • three or more RS232 port
  • support for C language
  • some digital and analog I/O
  • there is no need of a large amount of RAM nor high CPU frequency

I know we can realize that with a simple microcontroller but a compact and commercial unit is more suitable for our application. If you need further details, please tell me!

Thanks, Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
marcotrapanese

I forgot to mention we need a standard PS2 keyboard.

Reply to
marcotrapanese

You also forgot to mention:

  • Power requirements
  • Form factor
  • MIPS
  • 'Some' = 4? 8? 40?
  • Analog=?
  • 'Large' = 256K? 1MB? 4GB?

There are hundreds of boards that meet the specs you have given... I can think of applications that match your criteria that could be satisfied with a small 8-bit micro, others that would push an x86...

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Mark McDougall ha scritto:

Sorry, you're right.

Not critical. Preferred 5V or 12V.

The small as possible.

Not critical. However I guess over 20 MIPS.

Well, let's say 16 digital I/O and 16 analog inputs (10 bit ADC). Analog outputs aren't needed but are welcome.

About 1 MB.

Thank you, Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
marcotrapanese