Best embedded board

Hi,

We need a good embedded CPU board for our next project.

It must be equipped with a relative fast processor, lots of RAM, Ethernet (TCP/IP), optionally WiFi, Flash-card interface, at least 3 RS232/RS485 ports, some digital I/O, low power and last be not least low cost.

The CPU board will be installed on our custom motherboard, where some of our custom hardware will be located.

It must be able to run linux or Windows CE

We have found the CM-X270 from

to be a good candidate - but is that the best? Are there others you would recommend?

/S

I have used the Viper board from Arcom (now Eurotech in Europe). This meets your technical requirements, I'm not sure where you are or what the cost would be (I bought the development kit which will always be more). I have found that their technical support is very good.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

The Viper board is definitely looking good too. The cost of the dev. kit is almost insignificant, as long as the boards are cheap.

/S

Just out of curiosity, if you're using a motherboard anyway, why not grab some chip manufacturer's reference design and toss it onto your motherboard? There should be eval boards out there with nearly everything that you want, and you'd save the cost of buying separate boards.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

Because we are not able to buy the components and manufacture a board at the same cost as a ready made board. And we save the time and money for developement and test of a high speed CPU board. We are not going to sell millions of this board.

We also plan to make different motherboards, depending on our needs. The CPU board will stay the same.

/S