Cheap 2:1 MUX

Hi!

It's the first time I write on this NG. I have a question for you :)

What is the simplest (and cheapest) method to select one between two TTL signals?

With logic gates I need two ANDs, one NOT and one OR (ok, I can use only NANDs or NORs, but I need a lot of them). I might use a dual buffer with three-state output... do you know any IC for that?

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
Marco Trapanese

You can do it with 4 NANDs, which come in a single 14 pin package. The Philips 74HC00 costs $0.11 in quantities at digi key, for example.

Reply to
Arlet

For a slightly higher price you can also get the smaller (8 pin) SN74LVC2G157 from Texas Instruments, which is a single integrated 2:1.

Reply to
Arlet

I have to thank you! That is exactly what I need.

Marco / iw2nzm

Reply to
Marco Trapanese