Displaytech 64128C LCD

Hi! Does this Displaytech 64128C LCD, which has two KS0108B controlles, have a text mode at all?

I haven't any experience on LCD's, but I have read somewhere that some display controllers have a text mode and a graph mode.

Reply to
jtp

The controllers are just bit maps. Use Google to locate the data sheets.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

Look at:

The pdf data sheet is available here. It looks like graphics > Hi!

Reply to
Dave Rooney

As others have said, its a graphics only LCD module. That doesn't, however, stop you from displaying text on it - you just need to get a fixed pitch font (8x8 would give you a text screen 16 columns x 8 rows but you'd need to check character visibility) and some display primitives (write a character). Of course, it will take longer to write the screen than an equivalent text screen because you have to push more data into it. Whether you use it also depends whether the micro has the space for the font.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson