Optrex DMC2059 LCD

Hi all

A while back Oatley Elecronics had the Optrex DMC2059 LCD's for sale. (12cm x 3cm display area). I got some & have just found a use for them. Unfortunately I haven't had any success with getting them going. I haven't had any (well many) problems with other types of LCD (16x2 & 40x2).

Has anyone out there who also purchased them got them going? A search of Google revealed similar units but not the '2059. All other OPTREX units appear to use the standard LCD initialization etc.

Any help would be apprciated. Thanks

--
Regards

Chopper
Reply to
Chopper

Have you found the "LCD faq" on the net yet?, I had a batch of character displays that were STN type and needed about -1.5V on the contrast to make the characters visible.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Hi Mark

I found a few people asking the same questions but no answers

Thanks for the suggestion

-- Regards

Chopper

(12cm

haven't

Reply to
Chopper

It needs a bit of a "power up" routine, have you been through that?

I found a few people asking the same questions but no answers

Thanks for the suggestion

-- Regards

Chopper

(12cm

haven't

Reply to
Frank

Hi Frank

I am using a routine similar to other OPTREX units. Is there anything specific about this type?

-- Regards

Chopper

of

units

Reply to
Chopper

The best way I can answer your question, is the LCD controller or driver on this URL below?

I am using a routine similar to other OPTREX units. Is there anything specific about this type?

-- Regards

Chopper

of

units

Reply to
Frank

Hi all

Success. It required about -4V on the contrast pin. (pin3)

Thanks all for your help.

It worked for 2 displays.

All I need now is a convenient -4V

-- Regards

Chopper

(12cm

Reply to
Chopper

I was able to suck mine off a MAX232 ic I already had on my board for the RS232 interface: it makes -9V.

Regards Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Good thinking.