Temperature Range of LCD (or other display)

I'm developing a product that will have a very small LCD (or other comparable display)... We are planning to do a segmented display. (Size 1.5"x1")

It's required that the LCD work over the temperature range of -40C -

85C... I have not seen any LCD's that go down to -40C.

I don't have enough power to use a heater. I have 21mW available for my micro, some analog cicuitry, some comm's circuitry, and the LCD. So the LCD has to operate on minimal power.

Is this possible...? What's the lowest temperature anyone has seen a display rated to?

Thanks...

Reply to
MuffinMan

21mW should be enough to warm up the LCD, if you mount the micro die inside the LCD glass. I can forward your requirements to the factory. Contact us if interested at linnix dot com (using the form near bottom of page). Thanks.
Reply to
linnix

Sorry, I wasn't very clear... I have 21mW total power available for all my circuitry. My LCD will have to run on 50uW or less... That's

150uA @ 3.3V...

See the design challenge? :)

Thanks, MuffinMan

Reply to
MuffinMan

He meant putting *everything* that dissipates much power, immediately behind (or on, or at least thermally coupled to) the LCD glass.

If this is a miniature circuit (which I'm willing to guess it is), this should be no problem.

Tim

-- Deep Fryer: A very philos> > > >

Reply to
Tim Williams

-40°C is readily available. Don't expect it to be fast, and don't expect to multiplex the display.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany