debugging arm core using code composer studio

Hi,

I am new to code composer studio.I want to debug arm core(OMAP dual cor arch) using code composer studio. is it possible to debug arm core of OMAP processor? how can i achieve it? whether i need xds510 JTAG emulator ?? guide me properly..

Reply to
meenakshi

You can debug the arm core as easily as the dsp core. The xds510 should work and should include instructions to get you started. Some development boards include the equivalent of the xds510 built right onto the board. If download speed is a concern then look at the xds560. It is much faster, at least it was a few years ago. Newer USB versions may now exist.

Reply to
Not Really Me

Yes, you need to use XDS JTAG emulator. Load the program. You need to connect to the corresponding processor. Go to the entry point and from there you can step into the code by step debugging.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

I have used OMAP 5912 for a project. Initially it may look bit difficult, but it is really very easy and reliable . It is really a very good set of tools to work with .

I got the below info from the setting up of XDS510 for your reference-

1) Select the Code Composer Setup icon from the desktop. 2) From CC Setup you can either import a new configuration or select from an existing one. From the filters pane select the platform "xds510usb". This will give you a list of predefined configurations for the XDS510USB emulator. If one of these configurations does not exactly match your target then select the closet configuration. You can then modify this configuration to meet your needs. Setup between CCS 2.2x and 3.x has changed dramatically so see your CCStudio docs for more details. 3) If you want to change the configuration of your setup simply right mouse click on the configuration under System Configuration then select Properties. You can modify the individual properties for your setup. The I/O Port under Board Properties should be set to 0x510 for the XDS510-USB emulator. 4) Save your configuration and exit CC Setup.

Running Code Composer

1) Connect the XDS560R target cable to your target system. 2) Apply power to your target system. 3) You can now start Code Composer by double-clicking on the appropriate CCS icon. When CCS starts the XDS510-USB application loader will download the emulation driver application. Once the emulation application is loaded, the XDS510-USB emulator will enumerate and CCS will start. If there is a problem during the load or enumerate phase then the loader app will display an error/status message. If you are running CCS 3.1, once CCS has started select Debug->Connect from the menu bar. Target Connect/Disconnect is a new feature in CCS 3.1, for more details go to your CCS online help.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru