Cheapest small parallel flash chip

Non-negotiable...

Cheap

8kbytes or larger In-circuit programmable 70ns or faster Cheap

Bonus...

Vcc from 3.3v to 5.0v

Anyone have a favorite part?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

ATmega8 ;) eh could not resist. it has 8K Flash and cost 0.80 USD

-- there are no small Parallel flash any more, and very few would be 5V capable :( in circuit programmable? like with JTAG ? funny wish-list !

eh, I do know, LatticeXP can be programmed as Parallel Flash emulation device and its reprogrammable over JTAG, but it isnt cheap

but really, you are very unlikely to find this chip, with full wish- list features, so must revise wishlist, if possible

Antti

Reply to
Antti

What about a 6264 and a CR2032 backup battery?

Reply to
larwe

At a first guess Atmel's AT49F512 at ~0.81000/1K ? Ask a disti for the cheapest Flash currently made.

Possibly Winbond ?

Isp would have to be via whatever it was connected to.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Looks like the best so far. There's a close sub from SST for a few cents more.

Not worth the trouble if I can get Atmel or SST for under a dollar.

Ack

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I've got to ask... where do you guys go shopping? $0.80 USD for an ATMega8? Mouser and Digikey want $3+ for that. Or are you ordering

10,000 of them...?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Normally when a poster says 'prince matters', they are working in volume production. If you are making 25 of anything, the chip price is a tiny portion of the SW & labour costs. Spending 2 hrs research, saving even $1, hardly makes sense. At 10K / 100K / 1M run sizes, then price does matter, and 10K is the common price column found in press releases.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Would go for a Microchip device. As it is a RISC device 8K would get you a lot of code.

Reply to
Marra