cheapest board able to run linux

Hallo

I'm looking for a cheap sbc available in quantity for an embedded project. I'm looking for something able to run at least uclinux or ecos. I had a look but i did not find anything far from $99. I'dlike something around 20 max 30$, around 100$ I already have boards able to run an embedded bsd system, but it is too expensive for the current project.

Any idea?

Thx in advance. Damiano

Reply to
Damiano

Most such requests would include a description of I/O, storage (flash?), memory needs.

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Check out Logic PD

There boards have Linux and Win CE BSP's available.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Most processors that can run an operating system like uclinix (with a MMU or Virtual MU) cost around $10, so finding a board for $20 would be a dream come true.

Flash and RAM needed would be $5 cost on their own.

I'm not sure of your volume, but $20 is "low balling it"

Eric

Reply to
Eric

box of palms from sulprus store

--
I really have no idea what this means. And since I can't install linux on
it, I'm gonna go back to surfing pr0n.

You don't need an MMU or VMU to run uclinux.

You can run uclinux on a $3 H8/300. The $3 only includes 128KB of flash and 32KB of RAM, so you'll probably have to add some external memory.

With a $3 CPU and $10 of memory, you could almost do a board for $20 that would run Linux with a couple serial ports and some port pints for I/O.

Of course if you want Ethernet or a video controller or PCI bus or IDE controller or stuff like that, the price starts to go up...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It's OKAY -- I'm an
                                  at               INTELLECTUAL, too.

able

uClinux - Samsung S3C4510B (EPSD or SNDS100 build)

---------- Linksys WAP11 Rev 2.2 Access Point Dlink DI-614+ Rev 2 (2 ant. ver.) router Compaq CP2E or CP2W routers Compusa (FMI400R) 4 port router Matel Juicebox MP3 player (S3C44B0X)

Linux

---------- Linksys NSLU2 (IPX420) Linksys WRT54G (MIPS)

Many more, Im sure.

Some you just load up a new image and other you need to double the flash on to make more useful. Some require a RS232 level shifter too.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Holdren