looking for small single board computer

hello all,

I'm looking for a small size single board computer with following spec, you
may be able help me to find some, I found plenty of them but I'm not willing
to try to ask for prices for each....

- processor: any architecture that runs Linux, I'll see later the required
speed, 200MHz should be largely enough
- RAM onboard, size: ?, maybe 32-64MB
- FLASH or equivalent storage to store an embedded Linux that is then
decompressed into RAM and then run from RAM (maybe with a ready to use Linux
distribution on it)
- PCI Master controller to be connected to my custom PCI target boards.
- 1 Ethernet interface with or without magnetics
- 1 or 2 serial interface not necessarily RS232, can be TTL, LVTTL or
whatever, just for debug purpose
- some GPIOs to controll a touch screen display (touch screen + display
interface), maybe around 20 pins
- form factor: small! DIMM modules look interesting to me because they are
flat, but can be equivalent size (except PC104+).
- power consumption: not necessarily low power
- mandatory: USB slave or host, compact flash interface
- I don't need audio or graphic controller

I've already made a design around a low power Geode-based PC104+ SBC (~500?
for very low volumes) but the completely new project key feature is the
price rather than performance (around 200? or even less).

Someone has any idea?

Best regards

Re: looking for small single board computer

<snip>

UNC20 Arm system on 48dil module, mature (1yr+) linux. Develop on supplied
motherboard which has LCD Net & serial connectors. Ship with your own
custom cheap 2 layer board:

   http://www.unc20.net/html /

Not tried one yet as our current project will fit onto this:

   http://www.picotux.com /

jan coombs

Re: looking for small single board computer
didn't see the PCI master controller on the DIL module...can't fit...

Re: looking for small single board computer
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:31:45 +0100, Jan Coombs

One thing one need to be careful of with the unc20. One gets a
specific version of software with a module. To get a later version
one has to buy a module again. It is also not possible to just buy the
module. Before they will sell only a module one has to buy a
development kit from them.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: looking for small single board computer

It's Linux.   Only one person in the world needs to buy it then they
will post it on a website somewhere.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate

I have not gone into the technicalities of whether they are breaking
the license agreement, but it is a pain if one cannot download the
latest stuff directly from the manufacturer.
There are other manufacturers of similar products that are not
restricting the download of their software.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: looking for small single board computer

  Probably not. The LGPL allows binary only, proprietary
 libraries to be shipped with GPL software.

Ian
--

Re: looking for small single board computer

That would be perfect for my security system!

It is so cute.

So is the footprint 740 kb?   It doesn't say how much room is left
for user software.

--
"When you have to choose between a first-rate company with a
second-rate product and a second-rate company with a first-rate
Re: looking for small single board computer
<lots snipped>
which one?

picotux has 2MB flash, 8MB ram probably all 16b bus. 4MB Flash promised.
Supplied system (.elf) images are 647k, 830k & 1.39M

UNC20  2MB or 8MB of 16b wide Flash, 16MB sdram on 32b bus.
Same digi/NetSilicon processor, so maybe same image sizes.

Jan Coombs

Site Timeline