ARM Cortex dev kit with 3 axis Gyro + 3 axis accelerometer ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap dev kit with an ARM Cortex CPU and both a 3-axis gy ro and a 3-axis accelerometer. Anyone know of such a board ? I really don 't need much else apart from the ability to drive 3 PWM channels as outputs . Project is a stabilised camera platform for use on a boat.

Thanks,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

If you can stand the thought of an IMU that's separate from your processor board check Sparkfun. Apparently there's an Arduino IMU out there, too.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

STM32F3 Discovery or STM32F4 Discovery both come with USB debug dongle on-board and 9DOF IMU, for $10-$20. I use gcc, but commercial tools might suit you better.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I recently bought a $250 dev board for the STM32F4, because I didn't see that one on ST's site.

Sigh.

I may get one for me, though.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

F3 announces " It is based on an STM32F303VCT6 and includes an ST-LINK/V2 embedded debug tool interface, Gyroscope ST MEMS, E-compass with accelerometer ST MEMS, LEDs, pushbuttons and a USB mini-B connector."

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

The Discovery board seems to have an accelerator but no gyro.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

I gotta check this thing out, for it's potential as a fun engineers toy if nothing else.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

The discovery boards are great for the cost, come with built-in STLinkII USB:SWD hardware. This is

a) directly supported by openocd and

b) can be used later as a general purpose programmer/debugger for your own hardware

I have several different ones (F2, F3, F4, F1L), a couple just waiting for a suitable project.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Good find ! I've ordered an STM32F3DISCOVERY from Mouser for the princel;y sum of £7.54 exc. It has exactly the facilities I was after.

Many thanks,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

Interesting. It looks to me like the F3 has this nice fancy sensor and the F4 just has an accelerometer, or am I looking at the wrong doc about the F4? I had thought of getting an F4 board since it's a more powerful CPU than the F3 while the board costs about the same, but the sensor makes the F3 much more interesting.

From

:

L3GD20, ST MEMs motion sensor, 3-axis digital output gyroscope LSM303DLHC, ST MEMs system-in-package featuring a 3D digital linear acceleration sensor and a 3D digital magnetic sensor

Similarly from

:

External application power supply: 3V and 5V LIS302DL, ST MEMS motion sensor, 3-axis digital output accelerometer MP45DT02, ST MEMS audio sensor, omnidirectional digital microphone CS43L22, audio DAC with integrated class D speaker driver

It looks like the F3 board has the gyroscope and mag sensor, but the F4 has nicer audio stuff.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

That's why I got the F3, but the F4 has USB OTG which the F3 lacks. F4 also has a USB CDC (Virtual COM port or VCP) example too, which the F3 lacks; I'm in the process of building one. Shouldn't be too hard, starting from the HID Joystick example that ST provides.

I bought it to control a digital radio chip in a hand-held direction finding sniffer (for which the IMU will know the direction) but I might wind up adding an RF stage, VFO, mixer and downconvert to 50KHz to do the rest as an SDR in the F3... maybe.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

If you can wait a bit, then this board might be suitable. (Apparently will be available in January)

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

What is wrong with the STM32F3 Discovery? It has gyros, acceleroter and magnetometer...

Uwe Bonnes