3-axis 2G MEMS accelerometers - trade for other MEMS/pressure sensors

Hi all,

I have been given 21 new sample pieces of Kionix KXM52-L20 3-axis 2G accelerometers. The datasheet for these is at

These devices are in DFN, which is a very inconvenient package for me. I wonder if anyone is interested in trading them for other oddball parts I'm interested in:

- Analog Devices ADXL322JCP 2G 2-axis accelerometer (the package is much easier to work with and I only need two axes).

- Electronically-interfaced gyroscopes of any sort, either MEMS or mechanical.

- Pressure sensors of almost any type

Reply to
larwe

Hi,

I'm working in this field too. I can recommend:

for cheap accelerometers mounted on proto PCBs, they do a whole range an supply in small numbers, including the Anlog Devices parts you mention.

They have gyros and compass modules too.

For pressure I'd look at Honeywell or Sensortechnics, they both have goo ranges of analogue and digital devices.

Is there any chance you would be able to send me one of your Kionix samples. I've not tried their product. It would be great if you could.

Best regards,

Mark.

Medic

I don't need PCBs; all my projects are on custom PCBs. However DFN is just so darn hard to reflow in a home lab. You don't get any air circulating under it, and because the pads are entirely underneath the device there is no fast conduction to the pad from radiant energy absorbed by the exposed pin surface. You really need to heat it up from underneath. And there is absolutely NO way to inspect or rework it. Other leadless packages with pads that run up the edges of the device are MUCH easier to work with.

I'm still trying to get a trade arranged, but please email me and depending on what trades transpire, I might be able to save you a couple.

Reply to
larwe

i have a few of the 300deg/sec and 150 deg/sec analog devices gyro evaluation boards (a dip with the chip mounted on)

Reply to
joep

what are you using for calibration, if anything, rate tables, centrifuges?

Reply to
joep

I haven't done any experiments measuring angular momentum changes yet, but I have some homebrew equipment that I could use for that.

The accelerometers I calibrate using a simple homebrew apparatus.

My needs are very modest as you can tell from the fact that I'm talking about 2G accelerometers - this is for vehicle dead-reckoning (in future) and attitude sensing (now), also to measure wave activity with a view to submerging if the weather is too rough for safety.

Reply to
larwe

yea I'm thinking a high quality turntable will do as a cheap rate table, for dead reckoning I think you will need to do it over temperature to have any hope of making a useful device

Reply to
joep

they didn't happen to throw any KXP-74s at you, did they? I'm using them in a current project and they want $25 each for them. Too bad they're also DFNs.

Reply to
nleahcim

No, just what I "advertised", sorry :)

Reply to
larwe

have you evaluated the 74's yet? they are spec at 5x the noise of the

52's and was wondering if this was due to the spi bus or lousy a/d
Reply to
joep

I take it we're not talking about automotive use here. [I've driven in soggy conditions where "up periscope" seemed to be the thing that was needed.]

Reply to
Everett M. Greene