Anyone for a cardboard PC?

Rofl, and in complete agreement. have tried to run and maintain interesting cars for years and there's no way i'm going to wear a hair shirt just because some government droid thinks it's a good idea. afaics, the science isn't in agreement yet anyway and the whole climate change thing, at least in the uk, has just become another cash generation exercise for government. The big lie.

According to people like Jim Lovelock and others, it's too late to do anything about it and finite oil supplies will be the arbiter, so we may as well enjoy our interesting cars while we can.

Would be more than interested if the alternatives were of equivalent performance and cost, but it's not there yet, by a long way...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

With regard to the NYC taxi issue, fuel already is expensive in the city. I suspect if it were expensive enough picking up fares to Jersey would become quite popular, for the opportunity to fill up before returning.

Keep in mind in NYC the interest is not only leadership on climate change, but more pragmatically local air quality.

And I do believe there is a car service outfit in the city that advertises their all-hybrid fleet, going after customers who feel good about that.

Reply to
Chris Stratton

That probably explains why we have Ferrari Lambougini Masarati Aston Martin Noble Rolls Royce Bentley Maybach Mercades BMW Lotus etc etc etc

In fact most of the worlds best sports cars come out of Europe. (The US ones can't handle corners.)

Chris H