USB embedded host. need help

I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using PIC32
starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support  USB hubs. I
am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone
help me or give suggestions.
Thank you in advance. God Bless.

dz

---------------------------------------
This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on
http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: USB embedded host. need help
Hi,
I am currently working on a embedded host for USB thumb drives using PIC32
starter kit. Unfortunately, the embedded host does not support  USB hubs. I
am planning to transfer files between multiple thumb drives. Can anyone
help me or give suggestions.

Thank you in advance. God Bless.

dz

---------------------------------------
This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on
http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: USB embedded host. need help

No problem, just get some software that does.  Or is your USB host
implemented in an FPGA?

You didn't provide much information to base useful suggestions upon.

No, I will not accept blessings from any of your gods.  Please have them
returned to the appropriate deity.  And besides, mythology is off-topic
here.

http://www.opera.com/mail /
Re: USB embedded host. need help

Hi dz,

I have read about a few projects like this on some forums. The concensus I
believe is that the USB Host stack that is supplied free will only
communicate with a single device and that the hub class and associated
complexities of multiple attached devices are not included.

As far as I am aware, the only full USB Host stack for the PIC32 is from
HCC-Embedded. It isn't free

Hope this helps.

--
Kevin Pope
Nohau UK Ltd.

Get a copy of Jan Axelson's "USB Complete" and read that.  Unless
Microchip have provided a reasonably full implementation of a USB host
you have a fair amount of work ahead of you:  USB host driver, HUB
driver, MSC host side driver, SCSI driver, FAT/NTFS driver.  A HUB
driver need not be particularly complicated but a full USB host is quite
a lot of work ...

Are you doing this commercially, if so consider one of the embedded host
implementations.

    Andrew

Re: USB embedded host. need help
PIC32

hubs. I

Thanks for the reply.
I just got USB Complete. 1 more question. I am planning to utilize 4 usb
slots. However, PIC32 has only 1 USB slot. Can I just tap the 3 slots in
the bus? or their is better solution?

dz

---------------------------------------
This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on
http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: USB embedded host. need help

Is that not what the hub is for?

Richard.

Re: USB embedded host. need help

would this help?
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ftdi-vdrive2.html

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: USB embedded host. need help

You could take two PIC32 devices, and hook them together.

Site Timeline