need JTAG debugger - please help

We need a JTAG debugger for board bring-up. Are JTAG debuggers available for rent? Any recommendations/suggestions?

Reply to
Adam

Which CPU/FPGA ??

don

Reply to
don

ARM9

Reply to
Adam

JTAG debuggers start from around 30 EUR and go up to several hundred EUR. Probably cheaper to buy than rent. I presume you have a standard ARM JTAG connector? If so you have lots to choose from but it depends somewhat on which development tools you are using.

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

The exchange rate must be worse than I thought because they go up to several thousand USD. If you get one that supports real-time tracing, you can spend close to $10K without trying too hard.

For board bring up, the low-end ones generally work fine.

--
Grant
Reply to

this one any good to you:

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:

Coupon Specials:

Don McKenzie

(misc.consumers.frugal-living removed due to gross offtopicality)

But ARM tracing is not JTAG, it's ETM. ;)

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

True, but you can still find JTAG (w/o ETM) units that sell for a couple thousand USD. Abatron's BDI3000 sells for about $3K. You can't really get started with a Lauterbach JTAG interface for under $2K-$3K either. Even the Zylin ZY1000 which is designed towork with OpenOCD is over $1K. IIRC, the Mentor/EPI JTAG interfaces are in the $1K-$2K range as well.

That's not to say that the $20-$30 FT232 USB interfaces don't work fairly well...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! As President I have
                                  at               to go vacuum my coin