RJ45 Plug(!) for PCB Mount

Hello,

has anybody seen some RJ45 8/8 Plug (!) for PCB mount. I want to insert some circuit between some port outlet and the cable. With PCB mount, the insert would also be hold mechanical to the outlet, while an insert with two jacks and an additional cable would dangle.

Thanks

Uwe Bonnes

You could probably crimp a PCB of the right thickness, with enough plated holes to provide a little compliance near the pins.

Another option may be to use 1mm pitch ribbon cable, which crimps nicely into an RJ connector, with a 2mm transition connector onto the PCB outside the plug body, and a finger on the PCB which is epoxied into the back of the plug.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

not sure if I am following you 100%, but is this the sort of thing you are after:

or are you looking for a male jack on a PCB?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/sparkfun-electronics.html

Coupon Specials:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/coupon-specials.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Yes...

-- Uwe Bonnes snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt

Uwe Bonnes

Ouch! don't think I have ever seen one.

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Breakout, Prototype, Development, & Robotics Boards:

Coupon Specials:

Don McKenzie

"Uwe Bonnes" schreef in bericht news:h8srqh$519$ snipped-for-privacy@lnx107.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de...

FAIK such a device does not exist. Nevertheless you should be able to make one yourself. Mount a normal jacket on the board, then take two plugs and connect them with very short wires so they come back to back. Then use some good glue and glue them together. If you want to make sure that the superplug will not be removed, just glue it in the jacket.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

I think the neatest solution will be 1mm pitch ribbon cable into a 2mm 8way transition header into the PCB, finger of PCB into the back of the plug. Insert & crimp cable, crimping the cable+pcb at the cable strain relief, then backfill with epoxy.

Reply to
Mike Harrison