Any experience with microcontroller as an FPGA IP core? (6805 related)

We are looking at embedding a 6805 within an FPGA (in particular the
CAST C6805), and for debugging they have a JTAG interface.  Has anyone
worked with this setup?  Im wondering if we have to use a particular
compiler/debuger from the ip core provider that understands their JTAG
interface.

Also, anyone have any luck with metrowerks H05 dev kit?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: Any experience with microcontroller as an FPGA IP core? (6805 related)
I've put 6805 clone cores into several products  - the TAP controller is
all you need to be concerned with for JTAG debug -  the core itself
should be  "black boxed" when you get it, otherwise your logic is at the
mercy of your setup in compiler.  The debugger might have some specific
codes used, but I would look at the data sheets from the manufacturer.
Andrew