microcontroller related

Hi all, Is it possible to access the ram address / file of a pc from a microcontroller (8051) ? Thanks in advance , Krishna.

Reply to
kkrish

Yes.

--
John B
Reply to

Hi John, Thanks .How to access the ram address data from a microcontroller?Any weblinks or other information?

Reply to
kkrish

One solution: design or find a protocol using RS-232 with functionality to read files and memory, and implement this protocol on both 8051 and the PC. The PC runs the 'server' program, which executes commands sent by the 8051.

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Try Ethernet, USB, CANBUS. Google is your friend.

Oh, you'll also need to write some code for the PC to drive your chosen interface. You could try the free C# compiler from Mickey$oft or GCC for that.

Lots to do, have fun.

--
John B
Reply to

We now have far better hardware than PC and the worlds worst mcu , 804x , 805x .

They take too long to accomplish useful work .

The much lower cost ARM 7 will soon nix the ATMEL tiny and be the only mcu in coffee pots to PDA's ....

I am building a total replacement of the PC computer . No software will be saved , not even Linux , nor Windows C.E. I have a non-text method to program computers 100,000 times faster , because it nixs the left brains "translation" in programming ..

If you spit , buy a car , teach school , frown , play tennis ... ............. Everything a human does , needs translation ... Most fast stuff is frontal cortex and slower stuff is Left C' cortex .

But inventors and programmers turn of the left side to use R side to form pictures . Each pixel has a strong value judgement . ( Thus Liberals cant use R Side , for value judgements) . The V' J' is to produce quickly , but in image/picture form , where there can be NO errors , Conversely , Liberals , with crippled R side , stack excuse on top of excuse and try to sell this pile of errors to the public ...

Programmers can use R side to make a perfect algorithm , code it in minutes , and they lose their program job , cause the code they wrote , is too good .

I will give a free ARM Forth soon , has debugger , disassembler , all in 10KB built into the loader , in ARM 7 .....

But it does not take input from 101 IBM keyboard !

It only takes NON-TEXT , GUI keys ...

.

__________________________________________________________-

kkrish wrote:

Reply to
werty

Sorry, no. False statement. In the real design world, you DO have to include price and availability in any 'better' comparison.

A grain of truth here, but fortunately most large companies have Engineering managers with enough experience to stop a noob putting an ARM in a Coffee pot...

Already much larger than many 8 bit uC complete projects.

Running on what, exactly ? Any real examples yet ?

-jg

Reply to
-jg

_________________________________

.A grain of truth here, but fortunately most large companies have>

Engineering managers with enough experience to stop a noob putting an ARM in a Coffee pot...

The above blither is a desperate techy trying to "sell" the market . You can not "sell" the mkt , you must chase it .

_______________________________________

It only takes NON-TEXT , GUI keys ..

!!! .Running on what, exactly ? ...... Any real examples yet ?

Pay up jg , and you can get anything you want , if you pay enough . I dont see the cash . What you want is to make $$ on s/w , i will end your Luddite career . because i find s/w problem solving so easy .

Did you understand ?

I find s/w very easy , and that will put an end to your interest in s/w ....

Reply to
werty

?! - Is this the same Werty that was going to do this free ? Werty: I will give a free ARM Forth soon

Small tip here: If you really want to create a sea-change, you are going to need to actually ship _something_ (other than claims)

Yes, I understand that feeding a troll is not always a good idea.....

Reply to
-jg