Problem with programming atmega32 using ISP

Hello Everyone!

I have this problem programming atmega32. I am new to this platform. I have tried using AVRDUDE and PonyProg both are not able to program the device. I have followed the ISP interface (MISO/MISO thing) and followed the schematics available on internet carefully.

PonyProg gives a -24 error saying it cannot recognize the attached device. While AVRDUDE simply freezes and does nothing.

Any inputs and tips on what might be causing problems would be highly helpful.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rakesh

Did you make your own cable ? Can you show the schematics, and the avrdude command line you're using ?

Reply to
Arlet

Had the same problem. The ATMega32 has its clock set to slowest setting by factory default. You have to talk to it at this speed before you can change the clock bits to speed it up. I forgot the speed, but its sloooow. I used AVR Studio 4 with STK500.

Reply to
Prescott