advice

I have experience with PicMicro, but for a robot I need more ram. Witch complete processor kit ( software hardware) should I buy. There are a lot of kits and I can't decide. Advice only on your own experience please.

Harrie

Reply to
Harrie Geerts

How much RAM do you need?

Have you looked at the latest entries in the PIC family, like the 18F252, etc? They have 1536 bytes of RAM plus much more FLASH code space (32K) plus

256 bytes of EEPROM. All the same peripheral functions, also.

...just a thought...

Dave

Reply to
starfire

"starfire" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

plus

I was thinking in 256kb terms.

Harrie

Reply to
Harrie Geerts

I don't think you will find an all-in-one chip with 256kb RAM. Look for a microccontroller/microprocessor with an external bus. Maybe an ARM?

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

PICmicro chips, programmers, consulting

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

I agree... If you FIND a microcontroller with 256KB, please let me know!

Dave

Reply to
starfire

Hi Can't you just take a MCU, and then take an I2C eeprom or so? maybe like this one:

just take some i2c routines, or use JAL, it has i2c routines build in...

Jan

Reply to
JanS