Power switch kuh - thump !!!

I have a guitar preamp ( Marshall JMP-1 ) . When it powers up , there is very loud Kuh - thump on the output . How do I modify it to get rid of this annoying trait ?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
fffcj

Connect the contacts of a suitable relay in series with the amp output and have a delayed turn-on of the relay (few seconds), in other words he contacts are connecting the speaker to the amp output only after the power-on transients have subsided.. This works fine only if the amp output stage is in push-pull configuration. Gene

Reply to
Gene

1: OP said its a preamp so it might be turned on independently of the amp. 2: My real question-- why won't your relay solution work with a single ended amp?

GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach