changing DC voltage

I want to regulate a peltier cooler. Manufacturer says they don't like to be switched on and off alot, they prefer changing input voltage. On the controller I have available a DAC output 0...2.5 VDC . What is the most elegant way to turn this into 0...14VDC at 6 amps max? Thanks-

Reply to
Fritz Oppliger

A power MOSFET circuit would do the job nicely. You may need to drive the gate via an amplifying transistor (like a simple 2N2222) to get the voltage range you need.

BRW

Reply to
Bennet Williams

I built something to control one of these things a while back. The manufacturer said that it is okay to use pulse width modulation at frequencies above 1kHz, so that's what I did and it worked fine! If you don't get any joy with an analogue solution, you could think along the lines of 555 - H-Bridge.

Good luck!

Andy

-- The above email address is whitelisted. If I don't have your address already, I wont see your message.

Reply to
Andyb

Thanks- One of my dilemmas is that I have run out of digital output lines but have these DACs sitting idle. So I'll try that first.

Reply to
Fritz Oppliger