Automotive LED Light Modules

I have a working idea for making some LED Modules that I want to use in my SUV for Car Shows. I want to use a 12 volt positive and ground setup in a 3 by 3 LED configuration. I'm trying to figure out if I should put the lights on a board or just wire them together. If I put them on a board I don't know how to connect all of them. I know it sounds easy to most people, but I'm working with an idea and I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help or advise would be great.

K. Fields

Reply to
K. Fields

3 leds in series with a resistor will run from 12V. Make 3 strings like that.
Reply to
BobGardner

For 12v use 3 leds wired in series (see below) with each "line" having a resistor of about 150 ohms. Really to calculate the actual value of the resistors we need to know more details on the leds, like their forward voltage etc. but the principle would be Ok with that value of resistor. It would be easiest to mount them on a strip of "veroboard" or whatever it's called in your part of the world :-) but their are also printed circuit boards now available to mount them on a conventional bulb base. Looking at the figure below the ^ is led and the = is a resistor, each end of a string would be connected together with the others and the anode ends would go to positive (they are usually the longest lead.

-- Regards ........... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Ok the diagram makes since....but I have one question where do I connect the + and - on the board? Ideally I only wnat 1 wire for + and

1 for -. Thanks.

Keith Fields

Reply to
fieldska