size of 4/3A-cells?

Hello,

just got a supply of Sanyo 4/3A-cells to replace those in the battery pack of my lap top. However, after soldering everything together I found that they are bigger (18.5 mm diameter) than the Toshiba cells (16.6 mm diameter) they are supposed to replace, and of course the pack doesn't fit into the box. The length is the same though (66 mm). So I just spend 50 euros on batteries that won't do :-(

I could not find any info on the net: How big are 4/3A cells supposed to be? Normaly batteries are standardised, aren't they?

Thanks in advance

Engelbert Buxbaum

Reply to
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum