Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EKG Electrodes
I have a few EKG electrodes, the round things that are stuck on the skin. I have some of both the kind that are used for a resting EKG, and also the kind used for a stress (treadmill) EKG. What are...
2
2

Europe and AC
I think that the AC in Europe is 220. Can't I just wire up something from the outlet like oneside and the ground for 110 VAC. Thanks Rick
6
6

Solder braid: width?
I want to solder one TQFP144, but do not have any experience with anything more than DIP40. This is what I'm planning to do. I will: 1. apply some tinnol on all the pins on the PCB 2. remove excess...
10
10

Speaker with a TV versus Radio
I have a RS small Optimus speaker (stereo pair). It operates on four AA batteries. I plugged the powered speaker into my CC Crane radio's headphone jack, and it easily played the music at various...
3
3

differences at output on and off
hai i am using LM393 as output ON and OFF It is showing ,the output will be ON at 12.2V input voltage and the output will OFF at 10.9V input voltage at normal room temperature At AC room temperature...
1
1

Help with USB to stereo wire makeup
I have a radio control transmitter that controls my r/c planes. I also have a Simulator program ( FMS ) that allows r/c people to train to fly before crashing too often! Ha !! The FMS simulator...
5
5

anyone used the AD5301 DAC?
Has anyone used the Analog Devices AD5301 DAC? I'm trying to use it to output a variable voltage based on an operator selection but can't get anything out of the DAC. I have confirmed the correct...
2
2

Regular resistor VS sense resistor
If a circuit just calls for something like a 1 Ohm resistor, with no other info, would it be bad to use a Current Sensing resistor there? What would be the best way to approach looking up one to get,...
16
16

Help with Scope & Function Generator Snafu
I am trying to do a simple experiment involving an ocilliscope and a function generator in the same circuit. My plane is to have the function generator set to produce a 10V (no load) sine wave an vary...
5
5

scam?
in the post ubove me "look here" from is this a scam?
3
3

reflected laser light detector circuit
I'm trying to make a battery-operated, microcontroller-controlled, short-range, laser range-finder. It needs to be very light (weight-wise). Does anyone know of a reliable method of detecting...
7
7

LM358A for high-side current sensing
I'm using an LM358A for high-side current sensing. I would like to be able to use the other OP in the so-8 package as a thermal shutdown. This means that both outputs would be connected to the same...
2
2

SMPS blown up - any ideas why?
I'm in the UK on nominal 240V mains - actually about 245V I've got some computers run from 12V switch mode power supplies (look like laptop power supplies but slightly higher current rating than my...
4
4

Measuring Unloaded Q of Loop Antenna?
What is the best way to measure unloaded Q of a tuned LC circuit (AM loop Antenna) without a Q meter? I tried a scope and generator and loosly coupled the generator to the loop, using a single turn of...
7
7

Music on Hold - 100 Ohm source when PBX expects 600 Ohm?
Hi, Would this work where the source is of lower impedance than what the pbx expects? Thanks.
8
8