RF cooling -- so interesting!

Hi:

Just how can microwaves be used to cool something? Usually they heat things up.

Thanks,

Radium

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

Try reading the article.

Reply to
Eric Gisse

Just how can friction be used to stop a car? Usually it heats up the brakes.

Heat is the kinetic energy of motion of the molecules. If you use a microwave to stop a molecule then you've "cooled" the molecule.

Reply to
Androcles

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

So hydraulics on a fridge is the next step in economic and engineering progress? Should be useful when moving too.

What plagued the researchers at Los Alamos when working on the idea of a super bomb is that the heat generated would build up enough to ignite the atmosphere.

It turned out the energy was transformed to radiation that could rapidly dissipate. Something of this ilk must be happening here. Just as passing electricity through (I forget which salts) certain crystals could drop temperature to near zero.

The crystals changed state or something. No doubt someone clever will put in an appearance to reveal how its done, soon.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

| > Just how can friction be used to stop a car? Usually it heats up the brakes. | >

| > Heat is the kinetic energy of motion of the molecules. If you use a | > microwave to stop a molecule then you've "cooled" the molecule. | | So hydraulics on a fridge is the next step in economic and engineering | progress?

If you want to call the motion of fluid/gas in a fridge pipe "hydraulics" then that step has already been taken, you are too late.

| Should be useful when moving too. | | What plagued the researchers at Los Alamos when working on the idea of | a super bomb is that the heat generated would build up enough to | ignite the atmosphere.

Not at all. It plagued the popular press who love to promote doom and gloom to create newspaper and magazine sales, the researchers just carried on, ignoring them. That kind of idiocy is still with us today with the LHC.

I shall ignore you, too.

*plonk*
Reply to
Androcles

Sounds like someone has a full flush pending.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The temperature appears one-dimensional. A second axis as a cooler then allows all axis to cool.

A RF signal as quanta is only a form of low energy light. Allowing all coolers to function as a single applied axis of radiative energy transfer.

A large mass as a turkey in the refridgerator can also be cooled. A point as a center of irradiation allows all axis as a radiative transfer.

RF

--------------> beam A turkey

A person simply needs to allow. In quantum theory a center smaller than the RF wavelength must be created inside the turkey. A small metal probe to make the center. A probe to cause inverted radiative energy motion. Quantum theory is strange like this and a small probe will cause a beam size to be predicted.

Small beam =3D axis size IN third energy transform.

size turkey/small probe -----proportional to beam diameter in wavelength fraction/small mass

What you are doing is making the entire turkey now a small mass.

Hint: AN exact beam diameter will cool an exact sized turkey, NOT HEAT IT.

So a variable beam size for the size of mass is a critical variable.

"A 0.6 Lamba beam size for a 1 lamda small chicken"

A beam must always be smaller than lamda!

Douglas Eagleson snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

hint: a collapse as the size ratio causes a chickens interference. A ceneter of the radiative interference pattern must be larger than the chicken size! Denying a cooling effect as a whole until a sub-lamda size of beam is encountered.

Reply to
Douglas Eagleson

"Green Xenon [Radium]" wrote in news:bfc0a663-6ce6- snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

That *is* interesting!

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Hmm. I wonder if this microwave technology can be used for air- conditioning. Cool your body the same way microwave heating would warm it up. Is this possible?

Also, can long-wave radio waves [at or less than 150 kHz] be used for cooling objects?

Reply to
Green Xenon [Radium]

snipped-for-privacy@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

akes.

The concern was not igniting the earth's atmosphere; this happens constantly in lightning strokes and car engines. Hence the NO_x pollution.

What was briefly a theoretical concern was the "igniting" of the nitrogen and oxygen in a nuclear fusion reaction triggered by the detonation of the atomic bomb.. Orders of magnitude more energetic...

Reply to
jmorriss

Energy flows downhill in potential, and I give low prospects for a human body to have emissivity much past 1. If a human body with average surface temp. 305 K (90 F) is in a room whose surfaces are at 293 K (68 F), I give awfully low prospects for the body to get rid of heat much beyond 7.2 milliwatts per square centimeter.

Despite existence of stimulated emission, I don't see much opportunity to use a likely source of heat to assist something geting rid of heat, especially if the object to be cooled has absolute temperature only to a minor extent warmer than absolute temperature of its surroundings.

I also have doubts of much stimulated emission with frequencies much under a gigahertz. Most stimulated emission events appear to me to involve transistions of energy level higher than average kinetic energy of molecules at ambient temperature, and that means mostly over .02 electron volts, and photons of .03 electron volts have wavelength around 41 micrometers and frequency around 7.2 THz.

I am aware of masers with frequencies closer to a GHz - and I am unaware of cooling to below ambient temperature with these or for that matter any kind of laser. Lasers and masers produce heat, which flows downhill in potential - such devices only have parts and components being warmer than "ambient temperature" with only exception being "cool side of" refrigeration devices.

Don Klipstein