Substitution possible?

Hi - newbie electronics learner here. I'm building a basic 12/24V power supply and one of the components called for is a 6A, 200 volt PIV bridge rectifier. I have one that is

6A, 250V. Shouldn't I be able to use this without problems?

Also, it requires 2 4400 MFD 50V electrolytic capacitors. Can I not use two 2200 MFD 50V capacitors in parallel to substitute for each

4400?

I "think" the answer is yes to both of these questions but I'm only a couple weeks into the hobby.

TIA

H. Dixon

Reply to
HTD

You are correct. As long as the PIV is 200 or greater, you're OK.

Caps in parallel are added, just like resistors in series...

Reply to
Randy Day

Good - Thanks!

Reply to