Straight Forward Answers

I'm proud of you for investigating this stuff on your own impetus - I like the "water pipe" model, except when it comes to dealing with short or open circuits - with water pipe, the effects are the opposite from electrical wires!

And a capacitor isn't a tower, it's a tank with an elastic baffle in the middle. And an inductor is a flywheel with a positive-displacement pump/turbine, like a vane pump or gear pump.

But I fear that there's no financial incentive for anyone to write anything new these days, with all of the books in the libraries, and, well, the whole freakin' internet at your fingertips!

Hope This Helps! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Actually, I like to explain inductors in the water model as long (coiled?) pipe, where the inductive effect is provided by the inertia of the water. It resists rapid changes in motion, and once you get the large mass of water moving, inertia wants to keep it moving.

Best regards,

Bob Masta dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Home of DaqGen, the FREEWARE signal generator

Reply to
Bob Masta