How to track questions and answers of a project

I have to work with another developer at a remote office, still within the same corporate network though. I would like to share questions and answers about the project with him, so later we may have a knowledge base or engineering wiki, but I don't want to copy/paste send/reply the questions and answers with email, which is a waste of resource and hard to trace.

I hope we both (and others in the team) refer to a same link, ask question there and see all answers there. Only the team member can read it, since some contents is IP related. One possible solution is to setup a HTTP server, and we all log into this server, and leave our questions and answers there. Is there any easier/better way or simple tools around?

Thank you!

Reply to
Like2Learn

I know there is wiki software around, but it does require some administration. You could Google.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

How about setting up a wiki at wikidot.com? You can make it private so access can be restricted.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Anton

Reply to
Like2Learn

You seem to keep boing back to a WIKI, so if you don't want to outsource it, run one internal?

They do make prebuilt systems available for use.

Ie. runup

on some vmware server somewhere, and you'll have a preconfigured debian system running TWiki all setup and ready to go for you.

Or deploy TWiki or any of the other wikis on a web server internally for your project.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

You may want to check with the IT folks at your company. There is a rather nice infrastructure product called SharePoint that allows the administration to setup "sites" that user groups have memberships in, The local site admin for a "site" can configure pages of the site to contain various types of content including files repositories and discussion groups.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions