Simple Two IC ICD2 Emulator

I've put up a schematic Inchworm; on my site of my take on the many fine designs of Microchip ICD2 emulators on the web. It's based mostly on the excellent version by Lothar Stolz.

I've used the MAX232 as a voltage tripler to get the ~12.5v needed for VPP and added handy busy & power LEDs.

You will need to program the bootloader "bl010101.hex" file located in the ICD2 directory onto a 16F876 (or 877) C:\\Program Files\\Microchip\\MPLAB IDE\\ICD2\\BL010101.HEX

A simple programmer like the one with PonyProg

should do the job nicely.

enjoy

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

If you would put the names of ALL of the groups in which you would like this to appear on the Groups line (the To: line) the 1st time you post it ("cross-post" it), it would be easier on you. (e.g., You wouldn't have to go back to each group to add the URL when you leave it out.)

It would also link together the comments others make on the topic so that everyone who reads your post can easily see ALL the comments made about it. . . Note to all: The direct link for this project would be to a PDF.

Reply to
JeffM