Simple Two IC ICD2 Emulator

I've put up a schematic Inchworm; on my site of my take on the many fine designs of Microchip ICD2 emulators on the web. It's based mostly on the excellent version by Lothar Stolz. I've used the MAX232 as a voltage tripler to get the ~12.5v needed for VPP and added handy busy & power LEDs.

You will need to program the bootloader .hex file located in the ICD2 directory onto a 16F876 (or 877)

enjoy

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

I've put up a schematic Inchworm; on my site

of my take on the many fine designs of Microchip ICD2 emulators on the web. It's based mostly on the excellent version by Lothar Stolz. I've used the MAX232 as a voltage tripler to get the ~12.5v needed for VPP and added handy busy & power LEDs.

You will need to program the bootloader .hex file located in the ICD2 directory onto a 16F876 (or 877)

enjoy

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

"William at MyBlueRoom" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Magic muxing of LED displays...

MIKE

--
www.oho-elektronik.de
OHO-Elektronik

so how do I get to the ICD2 directory to get the .hex file?

Ken

Reply to
<kenames

It's on the Microchip web site.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

This directory has 51 .hex files in it.

C:\\Program Files\\Microchip\\MPLAB IDE\\ICD2

Which one ??

Reply to
Donald

That look like your hard drive, not the Microchip web site!

Leon

Reply to
Leon

You have to first install MPLAB (I'm using 7.40)

The load the file BL010101.HEX

It's generally found here on your harddrive. C:\\Program Files\\Microchip\\MPLAB IDE\\ICD2\\BL010101.HEX

You will need a simple programmer to get the bootloader on the first time. PonyProg is one example of a simple RS232 port programmer (the schematics are on the site

). You should be able to hand wire the PonyProg in about an hour or two. You only need to program the bootloader once.

PS make sure you do NOT use a 16F876A or 16F877A they require specially modified bootloaders.

Reply to
William at MyBlueRoom

hi William, thank you.

Ken