Does any manufacturer put lacquer on IC`s' *pins ?

My hdd`s & mboard both often jam / cause my atx psu to reboot , because too much dust ( with carbon ) on their * short circuit many * ( tiny & dense ). Hdd`s' data errors, IC`s damaged, & soft ware files' corruption are many, in my pc`s ( previous / present ). Likely most / all manufacturers don't want their products to last too long ( >3yr ), so will not [i] put lacquer on * ( to prevent short circuit ) [ii] tell users to clean * regularly if pc casings can let in dust, both to make users buy new models @ least every few yrs. I'll [i] paint * with transparent nail polish [ii] ensure future casings cannot let in dust.; I don't have a super clean room, neither do most users.

Reply to
TE Chea

I thought it was dusty in my computers. If it is as bad as you say you may need to invest in a computer that is designed to survive in an industrial environment. Be prepared to pay for it though. Short of that be sure that you keep your computers off the floor, that alone significantly reduces the amount of dust build up. Also use a case with a filtered inlet fan and clean the filter often. Just be sure your inlet fan pulls plenty of air to keep up with the exhaust fans, other wise the exhaust fans will suck dust in every little hole in the case, I have seen them even pull air in through (yes through, as well as around) the CD-ROM drives.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com
Reply to
Chris W

I use varnish for boards that may get wet. With a computer motherboard you have to take care to keep the coating off the connectors and IC sockets - varnish can wick up into the spaces in IC sockets and cause problems.

Works well for corrosive environmental conditions or where moisture may condense on the parts.

Reply to
default

I never clean my pc out ever between upgrades and it never goes wrong with dust.

If your in a dirty environment then you maybe need to do some air filtering before it goes into the PC.

Reply to
Marra