Marantz CD5000 tray stuck

The cabinet door was closed when the tray was out. This must have knocked it off track or something, as it will not close.

questions:

  1. Can it be fixed, either by me or a repair shop?
  2. Is it worth fixing it? It worked fine before the incident, but I expect there are newer models with better specs for 0 or so. Not sure...

TIA

Ed

Reply to
jag_man

It depends oon the fault. have a look, if the teeth have been stripped of the tray or the shaft with the cog is bent those parts will probably need to be replaced if not it may just be wedged and only need un-wedging.

It may be possible to use CD-rom drive parts in there.

Marantz was a high end brand last time I checked, not like the cheap crap sony etc are selling to consumers these days.

Still a new player may have features like te ability to play compressed tracks (MP3/OGG etc..)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Try news:sci.electronics.repair

Give them the Brand and Model numbers, as well as the symptoms and they may be able to help you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida