Shut it down or let it run?

I just recieved an Hitachi CP-s230 LCD projector to use in my classroom.

I use it all day but there are periods during the day when it is idle.

My question is: Does restarting the lamp put wear on the over all life of the lamp. Someone told me "striking" or firing up the lamp was the equivilant of X hours of projection.

Is that true? Would it be better for me to leave the projector projecting through my lunch break for example?

Thanks.

Reply to
jim

Most projectors just have a lamp lifetime AFAIK, so leaving it on would be very unwise.

The manual should give some advice I'd have thought !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Thanks, the manual, printed and electronic, that came with the projector are shocking in their omissions. They show what each hole in the projector is for - in 14 different langugages - and that is it.

Anyway thanks again.

Reply to
jim