Capacitor help

What is the value of capacitor .01J 100HT what is this convention all about.

Jannie

Reply to
Jannie du Preez

I am not familiar with the "HT" suffix, but the rest is covered here:

John Popelish

Are you sure this is what is reads? Generally a capacitor has three values, such as

104J 100V. The 104 means 10 times 10^4 picofarads. The J is a tolerance value, I think it is 5%. 100V is the voltage rating of the cap. With very small caps, sometimes you will see a 2 digit number, such as 15. This refers to 15 picofarads. If your cap truly reads 0.01J, I can guess that it means 0.01 microfarads, but I really don't know.
Reply to
flank

I'd expect 0.01 uF too ( and 100V )

The J is a tolerance letter. Never can remember for sure if that's 5 or

10 % but I think it's 5

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear