RJ45 ports with Integrated Magnetics

Hi there,

How this one differs form an ordinary RJ45 port?

Thanks

Reply to
Jack// ani

It has the isolating transformers, and probably EMC protection capacitors, built-in.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

The Pulse

J001x/2/3x series also have the 75 ohm transformer loading resistors onboard.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Thanks for replies...well I'm doing a temporary wire up of my embedded ethernet controller, do I really need to put a RJ45 port?? I'm planning to connect the board direclty to a UTP cable...will it work?? I'll put a RJ45 port in my final board....

Thanks again

Reply to
Jack// ani