Motorola Bag Phone RJ45 handset interface

Hi All,

Has anyone figured out how to talk to the Motorola Bag Phone handset ?

I am specifically interested in the RJ45 interface and how it controls the LCD, Keypad, microphone and earphone.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
MarkAren

Sounds like something you would find at 2600. However, AMPS is supposed to be shut down very soon, maybe 2008.

Reply to
miso

Yup, AMPS is closing down in New Zealand in 8 days, hence the surplus of Bag Phone. I am only interested in the handset, not the phone for this application.

Regards,

Mark

Reply to
MarkAren

I am not 100% certain, but I'm reasonably sure the bag phone handset was basically the same technology used in Motorola's SMR phones (Specialized Mobile Radio). In the US, that was on 806-865 MHz)

If I'm right, and of course, you know I am!! (OK, that was a joke...)

Search around for "Privacy Plus" That was Motorola's trade name for their SMR products. Someone with an old service manual might be able to help you.

If you want a list of all the former Motorola service shops, many of which have since closed up shop since Cellular/PCS put such a dent in two-way radio sales, send me an email and I'll forward you the Excel sheet I have.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm