Recommendations for prototypes

--Have a circuit board all drawn up; now looking for a shop to make the prototype. Recommendations appreciated. Board is small, maybe 3" x 4" and eventual production quantities will be low; maybe 2 doz/yr.

-- "Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...

---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Reply to
steamer

I like PCB Express

'cause they do good work, and because I can give them Gerber files (which means that I'm not stuck with them when I want to go to higher quantity, nor do I have to pay some stupid "conversion" fee to get IP that's rightfully mine).

If you go up to higher quantities they can just throw it over the wall to their sister company, Sunstone.

I also like them 'cause they're local, but that's the least of their attractions.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Many people on here, including myself, recommend

in China. Excellent service, online quoting, and you wouldn't bother getting just one, just get a few dozen up front as most of the cost is in the tooling and shipment.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Another vote for PCB Express. Their FAQs and pre-order checklists are

*very* helpful for first-timers and go a long way in preventing surprises and disappointments.
--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I have had good results with them as well. I had 100 pieces of a 1" x 2.5" board made for about $140 total including shipping in 5 days.

For prototype quatities, I like

I got 5 pieces of 4" x 6" boards for about $20 each.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen