SAE Mark 1b preamp repair

Hi all I got SAE Mark 1B preamp thinking it will work. It powers up and I don' t see any output working except scope out . Tape monitor is set to OUT. Uni t is in very good cosmetic shape. Service manual days that if both channels don't work it most possibly be power supply issue. I want to get your sage advice and valuable input in fixing and restoring this wonderful unit Thanks and regards Baski

Reply to
gmbaskar

A bridging plug at power-amp-in required?

Reply to
N_Cook

My schematic says that there is a 45 volt output from the emitter of Q17 in the power supply. That feeds the left and right channel line level amplifier. The emitter of Q10 and Q60 should show 45 volts. Then there is a

20 volts supply going to the eq filter board. The eq in/out switch is where the 20 volts enters the circuit there. If you have signal at the scope output, from there the signal goes to the discrete gain control, then to the balance control, then to the amp, then to output jacks.

Q9-Q16 are the amp transistors for channel A. Q59-Q64 are the amp transistors for channel B. Does the pc board show reference numbers?

Good luck.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA