Parallel wiring

Can somwonw tell me simply how to wire three bulbs in a parallel fashion. I've seen diagrams but i still don't get it. Actual phoitos or drawn conenctions would help a great deal. thanks in advance.

claire

Reply to
medusa

--- View in Courier:

PARALLEL +-------------+-------+-------+ | | | | [BATTERY] [LAMP] [LAMP] [LAMP] | | | | +-------------+-------+-------+

SERIES +----------[LAMP]---+ | | [BATTERY] [LAMP] | | +----------[LAMP]---+

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

heres a site for calculating resistors, it shows pictures of the difference between parallel and series wiring.

Digitmode

Each individual bulb has 2 connection points. What they look like depends on the type of bulbs you are using. Make a little drawing of what your bulbs look like and label those connection points "1" and "2". To connect in parallel: connect every connection labeled "1" to the same wire - call that wire 1. Take a second wire and call it wire 2. Connect every connection point labelled "2" to wire 2. Wire 1 goes to one side of the power source and wire 2 goes to the other side of the power source. All bulbs used in the arrangement must be the same voltage, and the total combined wattage of the bulbs must be lower than what the power source can provide.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr