help with name/address please

Hi,

Just over a week ago someone hit my car while it was parked in a local supermarket carpark. A note was left on my windshield with a mobile phone number and a first name. Since that time I have tried ringing it on a number of occasions, at first it rang out, then i left an SMS and finally now it seems to be constantly engaged.

I am hoping that someone in the newsgroup may have the resources available to be able to provide me with a full name and possibly an address so I can make a claim with my insurance agency.

Please, if anyone can help i'd be very thankfull.

If you are able to help me, i can email you the details that were left, or you can email me first on mike351 (at) ozemail . com . au

Any help appreciated.

Thankyou.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull

"Mike Paull"

** That is not worth a pinch of shit.

** Even less than a pinch of shit.

** Huh ??

Make your claim and present them with the scrap of paper.

Sure to impress.

LOL.

** What you are asking is illegal for anyone who does it.

PLUS

How do WE know your story is not totally fake.

** Another pissing in the wind wanker.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You are a dick head. If he gives name and address then if the person doesnt agree and the insurance company believes him, the company can take it to court.

Either way its extremely unlikly that he will be left with the bill with any peice of written paper. I had the same thing happen to me. Only someone saw it and left me another note of the car's rego.

Now began the hard part. You can't get info about a rego without the persons permission either from transport or the police. It was a yellow car that hit me and two weeks later sure enough yellow car in car park at same shops with that rego. Left a note that I would report to police unless he rang me up blah blah and stupid girl got scared and gave me her address and everything.

Reply to
Dand

Exactly, which is why i'm trying any way I can to find out some details about this person.

See my above comments.

Exactly. If i provide them with this useless piece of paper they will simply tell me that it's not enough information and i'll have to pay for the repairs.

Well i've seen people ask for it before, and people have replied that it can be done.

You don't, I can only hope that someone out there does believe me.

Thanks Phil. Some asshole damages my car, i'm not exactly in the best mood at the moment, do you really think I need comments like that at the moment? I've appreciated the help you've given me in the past with some electronics related questions, and i'm still appreciate of it. I don't however see the need for your comment above.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull

Pissing in the wind still feels good. Just a bit wetter than normal.

-Andrew M

Reply to
Andrew M

If you are getting no response from the note left then it's a troll or red herring. Sad but then the human mind is devious !!

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

"Alan Rutlidge"

Reply to
Greg the Grog

This is a long shot, but have you tried googling the number? Try it as a full number, eg12345678900 and 1234 4567 8900, you never know you might get lucky.

Reply to
Allan

Did you try the police?

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

If it was a telstra number, I probably could get the details you need .. as you stated tho, if its a prepaid, theres a good chance the details regsitered on it could be baloney ..

But then, i'm just lazy also :)

Reply to
Lord-Data

Thankyou everyone that had worthwhile suggestions. Googling hasn't helped unfortunately and so far the number still comes up with an engaged like tone. I'll pursue the Police option and see what happens.

Thanks once again,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull