Multiple Input Rectifier

[sci.electronics.design added to followups.]

Please, if your post truly belongs in two NGs, cross-post it rather than multiposting. You can and should put all the relevant NGs into the 'Newsgroups:' header.

them to DC (similar to what a bridge rectifier

Do a web search on "voltage multiplier" Such circuits do something similar to what you are saying.

and then some filters and regulators to get a

rectifiers together then the output of one rectifier

If your two bridge rectifiers were powered by separate windings, then the bridge DC outputs could be connected in series. Otherwise, the connection results in some high current paths that do no good.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

Multiposting: Sending the same article to different newsgroups with only one newsgroup in each post's 'Newsgroups:' header. This results in disjoint threads, redundant replies, and failure by newreader applications to mark the separate articles as 'read' when one has been read. This result is commonly dispreferred.

Cross-posting: Sending an article to a set of newsgroups by placing each newsgroup's name in the single post's 'Newsgroups:' header. This results in a single thread which common newsreader applications can recognize as common across newsgroups, and reduces the likelihood of redundant replies. This is the preferred result among most people who have an opinion on such matters.

Do you disagree with my summary of what the terms mean, the effects of the different posting methods, or their desirability? I am reasonably sure of all three, so please provide evidence of why you disagree, if you still do.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

Is there such a thing (or method) of taking multiple AC signals and converting them to DC (similar to what a bridge rectifier does) and combining those signals together in series to form one big source?

I know its possible to do with one AC signal using a common bridge rectifier and then some filters and regulators to get a relatively stable power source. However if I try to connect two bridge rectifiers together then the output of one rectifier interferes with the second... Any ideas?

Steph

Reply to
S. Ethier

Larry: don't be a jerk.

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You might consider the same advice.

How do you suppose one should inform somebody of commonly accepted Usenet etiquette when they clearly are unaware of it? If you can suggest a better way to do that, I would like to see it.

If your position is that nobody should undertake that task, then I would ask: How you can be so sure the OP would not like to improve his practises?

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

Things have changed...the recommended way at least used to be the opposite to what you said.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Agree with the results, but it at least was the originally preferred way back when I first started posting. Things may have changed. Bandwidth is not such an issue these days. What does the official Netiquette guide say, I wonder? I did find this...

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

"John Smith" wrote in message news:d3il20$vu$ snipped-for-privacy@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se...

[vague criticism cut]

I did answer the original question. My request that the OP not multipost was essentially an aside to that reply.

So I guess you would leave the OP in the dark about an improvement he may well wish to adopt?

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

Having just answered the OP in a.b.s.e I think Larry has a point !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I wouldn't bother with 'Netiquette', and would prefer if the original question was answered instead.

Reply to
John Smith

Both the references say not to Cross post but what they do not say is that Multi posting is worse and should not be considered at all.

--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?
Reply to
John G

Are you trying to increase the voltage, or increase the current capability?

Reply to
John Smith