microcontroller & OS

I use microcontroller (8 /16/32 bit),I would like to have OS running on microcontroller. What are the requirements(size of RAM/FLASH,Crystal,I/O pins) to run an OS on microcontroller? What are the free OS available to run on the microcontroller. How a simple application will run on that OS? If possible explain with an example...

Reply to
tech.savvy

What type of microcontroller? 8 bit? 16 bit? 32 bit? Pick one. There are real time operating systems for each type. Google search will find them. This sounds like a take home test question.

Reply to
BobG

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Well,

Consider the old CP/M or a free version together with a "modern" Z80 derivative.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter