Male and Female Connectors

Does anyone know where I can get a male connector and a female connector so that I can make an extension cable connecting an existing male connector with a female connector? Each connector has a single line of 12 contacts and measures about 1-1/8=94 from contact 1 to contact 12. The pins on the male end are the diameter of the lead of a mechanical pencil. Also, what is the official name for these connectors?

Thanks, Jack B.

Reply to
googlegroups99

Got a picture you can post somewhere?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I'll take a wild guess and say that you are looking at something like an AMPModu post header and receptacle: 0.025" square pins on 0.1" centers. Samtec and others make similar parts.

For the headers see

Female housing:
(contacts are purchased separately)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

somwhere between 0.3mm and 2mm great!

there are many different types of connectors that use a 1/10" pitch (centre-to-centre contact spacing) you appear have one of them...

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Yes that thought occurred to me too. I generally use 0.5mm. Used to that is.

'Many' isn't even approaching it !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Does your male plug looks something like this?

Allen

Reply to
Allen Bong