USB A female to mini B male

I tend to "accumulate"/rescue lots of oddball cables/connectors/adapters/etc. My thinking being that its easier to find a place for something small than to NEED one of those things and not have it on hand!

Recently, needed USB A female to mini-B male adapter -- to plug a USB keyboard (and optical drive) into a tablet. Was surprised to see that I didn't have one!

I'd have thought there would be a common need for such things (how do people reinstall software on their tablets?) and, as a result, that I would have already encountered such a thing "in my travels"/scrounging...

Is there some other way around this problem? Boot from microSD card and install that way? etc.?

Reply to
Don Y

mini B is a device connector, it can't be converted to a host.

mini A to A should be available though.

Jasen Betts

I have seen micro-B flash sticks. Car Play and Android Auto certainly use B's for the host.

Reply to
krw

Of course it can -- see the devices in the link above! :>

You can find all sorts of "can't happen" converters, cables, etc. A-A, B-B, etc.

My question is more to how folks interface devices that have B connectors (e.g., external optical drives) expecting to use an A-B cable (optical disk, keyboard, mouse, etc.) to a tablet typically having a microAB (female) connector. I encounter far more microB (male) devices than microA...

[I'd have assumed I would have stumbled on a suitable cable/adapter given the variety of other oddball cables and adapters I've accumulated over the years]
Reply to
Don Y

USBIF says otherwise, unreal.

yeah, you showed me a link.

I meant mini A male on one end and A female on the other.

something A on one end something B on the other, it's the way of almost all USB cables.

Jasen Betts