Where can I find this or similar connectors

I have some small clip connectors that I see often in electronics but have been unable to find them new so that I can use them in my own modifications.

Is the female end of the connector, top and bottom. Measures 5.77mm x

4mm(4.76mm on the top of the arrow like retainer clip) x 7.91mm not using the lip on the wire end. I have tried finding two pin connectors of this size in digikey etc... but there are literally thousands of connectors and I cannot even seem to get close.

Is there a specific name type for this connector ? Be nice to find the male & female plugs and the wire ends that crimp on then push into these.

Reply to
Eric Bauld

Oh yes, the Asians use those by the boatload. I never did identify the brand. The plastic's really soft isn't it. It may be a clone of a JST type.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They are soft enough that they would probably bend before braking. Just cannot seem to find something similar that I can put in-line.

Reply to
Eric Bauld

Digikey, Mouser, etc..

"

Reply to
Jamie

Yes and Digikey has THOUSANDS of connectors. I have been unable to find similar connectors. I have spent hours trying to search through the digikey catalog but other then a few search terms which do not narrow it down to any reasonable number of items. Digikey is damn hard to find something like this if I do not have a part number.

Reply to
Eric Bauld

True. However, if all you have is a photo, it's much easier to use the printed Digikey and Mouser catalogs to find something similar, than to browse the web catalogs. I can help if you don't have one.

However, I need to know the pin spacing in mm or decimal inches. Please don't guess as there are several spacings that are close, but not the same. Also, if the matching receptacle has round or square pins and if possible, their diameter.

Incidentally, few of the jacks seem to have manufacturers logos and names. However, the matching PCB receptacles usually have something marked on them. You may need a microscope to see it, but check the largest flat area.

Also, please note that this is sci.electronics.repair, which deals with repairing equipment. If this connector came from something repairable, supplying the maker and model number might yield the connector specs or vendor from the service manual. Otherwise, if you are building something using this connector, you might get better results in the various design, do-it-thyself, or hobbyist newsgroups and forums.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature