LG DP781 Portable 8" DVD Player--Coax?

I bought the dvd player in the Subject. It has two sockets called A/V in/out and coaxial. the take what looks like the same plug. I can take the RCA 3 plug to a single plug and put it in either socket. If I do this with my Panasonic dvd player I cannot see any image on the portable's screen. I do this to checkout the Panasonic, which has TV to connect it to. What's the difference between the two sockets, and particularly what is coax really about? A socket that's both in and out?

See specs at

and general info at .

--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

                        Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

.

Did you read the review that you posted the link to?

Coax is the digital audio output.

The two A/V plugs are most likely composite video out and composite video in.

Reply to
Calab

.
--