RCA Socket to two wires cable ?

Hello,

I have 6 speakers/satelites.

Each speaker/satelite is connected by two wires which are attached/glued to each other.

The two wires go into what I believe is called a RCA-Plug.

Like so:

+---------||||_

----------||||

^ 2 wires ^ RCA plug

I am thinking about buying a 7.1 analog receiver and trying to plug in these

6 satelites.

(I am also thinking about buying a creative home theater cable to connect the sound blaster to the receiver). (And also maybe a "powered ?" sub woofer)

The problem is with the receiver... the ones I looked at don't have RCA sockets.

Instead they have a seperate + thing and a - thing... where a wire has to be spinned around it ?

I would prefer not to damage my speaker cables... so I would like to keep the RCA plug attached to the cables. (In case I ever want to use them for something else that does support RCA plugs ;))

So I see two possibilities:

  1. Buying new cables without the RCA plug on it. (So just two wires end to end)

or

  1. Buying RCA Socket to wire cables/extensions... so that the RCA plug can be plugged into the RCA socket... so that the loose wires can then be spinned around the receiver thingies.

So a RCA Socket to two wires cable would look like:

\\|||----------+ /|||-----------

Does such a cable exist ?

Also do receivers generally provide enough power to power speakers ?

(In this case 70 watt, 8 ohm speakers from the gigaworks s750 ;))

Further questions:

Is the "spinning system safe" ?

What if I accidently trip over the cable and jank it... fortunately on the speaker side the cable will be pulled out... but what about the spinning cable side ? (Maybe it's not necessary but it would be nice if it was "jank" proof... meaning that it comes out easily so nothing is damaged ;))

Also are there receivers out there that do support/have RCA sockets ?

I am also wondering if receivers need any special setup via monitors/televisions... like graphical setup... that's something I would prefer not to do so much... So I would prefer a receiver with a LCD display on it for configuring it...

Alternatively a receiver that can be connected to an old pal television or a hdmi monitor... or simply vga could do as well... This is something I would like to do only once though.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Also I forgot to mention a little but could be an important detail for extra quality:

The rca plugs of the speakers seem to be "gold-plated" for extra quality ?

This raises doubts on the receivers...

Apperently they think gold is not important ? ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Then again... the other side of the cable (near the speaker) is just wire so probably doesn't matter ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Chop off the ends and terminate (spin).

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Gold is mostly Profit :) Au is noted for low oxidation which is desirable in very low level signal paths and where the connection does not wipe itself of oxidation buildup (no connection motion).. BTW if your speakers have RCA plugs, I suspect they are not up to the power that a Home Theatre Receiver can deliver.

Reply to
Steve Urbach

Well they were from a sort of home theater system... surround sound system... gigaworks.

They are 70 watt if I am not mistaken and 8 ohm... ?! ;)

What you mean not up to power ? To high power requirements or to low... or you think otherwise now ;)

What's typical power per speaker for home theater system ? ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Well, if that is the correct numbers, you probably will not blow them at normal to loud levels . Clipping is a speakers enemy (DC at the clip point heats the voice coil to failure)

System is the key word. A packaged system is /correct/, no matter what power it runs at because the parts were selected to work together.

When you "roll your own", you are now the designer. That's a place where the "Minimum recommended power" value comes in. Very roughly, how much power is needed to sound "good".

There is no "sub-woofer" in my system. I don't need it. I have 2 Altec 605-A (16ohm, 35W 87db SPL @ 1W, 20-22K+/- 3db) as my mains. Smooth bass that can rattle the dishes without being /loud/. Driven by a

100W/chan, 6.1 "consumer" receiver that audio snobs would sneer at.
Reply to
Steve Urbach

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht news:61fc0$4a5a05bf$d53372a9$ snipped-for-privacy@cache1.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Knip

Waarom nieuw kopen. Je wist toch alles zo goed. Je deed het voorkomen alle wetjes te kennen. Rechtzaakje verloren?

Ach ... gossie.

Reply to
Henk van den Hof

Nee geen rechtzaakje ;)

Stel dat het apparaat kapot gegaan is vanwege de hitte dan zijn nu misschien alle onderdelen slecht dus dan zal het wel weer snel nog een keer stuk gaan.

Dus repareren lijkt me weinig zin te hebben ;)

Voorlopig gebruik ik mijn oude speaker van 2.1 ;)

Doei, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

RCA plugs look like this

David Eather

snip

I guess that makes you the Eather bunny.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Before you go any farther, you need to hop on over to one of the auidiofile chat groups and study up on the specifics of oxygen free cables and other such technology.

Then come back here and someone will gladly sell you what you need.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

"Skybuck Flying" schreef in bericht news:efeb7$4a5bc8d8$d53372a9$ snipped-for-privacy@cache4.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

Aha.. dus toch van uw oorspronkelijke mening afstand gedaan. Heeft u toch iets geleerd.

Reply to
Henk van den Hof

Ik kan wel 6 van zulke kabeltjes voor je in elkaar solderen. Kost 100 euro. Met vergulde RCA-pluggen 150. Deal? Mail maar: snipped-for-privacy@zolderkamer.net

Bm

Reply to
Badmuts

Voor het geval je gigaworks-rechtszaak er door komt?

Bm

Reply to
Badmuts

"Steve Urbach" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

En met dit antwoord heeft Skybuck weer beet! En kan hij zijn echte hobby weer uitvoeren.

Odnan

Reply to
Odnan