Hidden Tesla Technological System

two-pole

100-pole
Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Post on nesci.physics.* instead:

Ah, yes- at least the meaning is clear compared to

"Toward

for farther/wider than 350 miles."

"diaelèctric wires with lossleas wavelength gaps"

The English language has evolved and continues to do so- that is its strength.

Now, do you have anything useful to say about power transmission lines?

Have a "nice" day

Don Kelly cross out to reply

Reply to
Don Kelly

Not all radio stations. I've seen one AM broadcast station that used a center tapped dipole, and the VOA Bethany station used a large curtain antenna.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote news:wK-dnUS-CO3SvHbRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

Such was in Warsaw. The most famous was in Luxemburg (frequency doubling effect).

What do you prefer? Longitudinal or transversal? Is a dipole the one suurce of EM waves or the two of electric waves?

S*

Reply to
Szczepan Bialek

What do you think? A loaded AM broadcast tower uses the ground for the counterpoise. A dipole antenna is two radiators fed 180 degrees out of phase.

The AM broadcast station was an oddball. It was built before the Alaskan power grid. The power lines passed overhead and parallel to the

250 W 980 KHz station. You could pick it up during the day in Fairbanks, 105 miles away.

The VOA curtain antenna was between three large towers, and directed to Europe. It could handle up to 500 KW from the 10, 50 KW National Radio transmitters. They could be controlled and opoerated as a single transmitter. They were installed in the late '60s. Self tuning, and a stable master VFO per transmitter. They could change frequency in seconds, unlike the WW-II vintage Crosley transmitters they replaced.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

effect).

Huh? Care to explain without using alchemy science?

TheM

His explaination of slot antennas should be good for some laughs.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Reply to
jimp

snipped-for-privacy@j9g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...

nice at higher frequencies but at lower frequencies,

clear--longer wavelengths are toward DC.

clear--metals are lossful near plasma/Debye scale, whereas diael=E8ctr=E8ts can be perfect mirrors or conductors for a wonted band.

It does not:

By the way, - is a glottal stop.

You don't! I had something to ask.

Screw you, who can't learn English.

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

THEY ARE NOT "OUT OF PHASE"!!!!!!!!!!

They are perfectly _IN_ phase, but of opposite polarity.

With a sinusoid, the result of a polarity reversal _LOOKS_ exactly the same as a 180 degree phase shift, but they are _FAR_ from the same thing.

To test this, just try it with a pulse:

_ _ _ _ __| |____| |____| |____| |___

Reply to
Rich Grise

You don't use square waves for AM broadcast.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
Definitely PKB since you don't seem to be too bad at not learning it
yourself.

You must be a liberal. Change the subject rather than admit that you're in error.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Uh, yes they are.

...Which is exactly 180 degrees phase.

Reply to
Tim Williams

You are saying that shifting each harmonic by 180 degrees of its individual frequency is the same as inverting polarity of the whole as well as all individual harmonics. That is true.

Rich was saying shifting a waveform by 180 degrees of its fundamental frequency is not the same as inversion - which is true when there is "lack of halfwave symmetry" (negative half cycle is not an inverted repeat of positive half cycle).

(True when even harmonics are present, false when even harmonics are absent).

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

No. I was a broadcst engineer and you're an idiot.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There aren't supposed to be ANY harmonics in a radio or TV broadcast.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How is that? I spend hours in dictionaries.

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

--
I rather doubt that.

What you _mean_ is that you spend hours _reading_ dictionaries, yes?
Reply to
John Fields

That's what I'm saying - they might _look_ identical, but they got there by entirely different mechanisms. Calling a polarity inversion a "phase shift" is a misunderstanding of the principles involved.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

So how do _you_ know so well which one it is, if they look the same?

I would tend to agree with you if a wideband balun is used to generate the pair of signals. But if someone chooses to do it with a 1/2 wavelenght delay it's better described as "out of phase".

--
Jos
Reply to